Thursday, June 11, 2009

And the wait begins....

Last Wednesday was the last day of school/teaching.  Although I was very ready to be done and have a break, it was a little sad as well.  After much prayer and thought, I decided to take next year off to stay home with baby Waters.  I am very excited and blessed to be able to stay home and wouldn't want it any other way, but it was a little sad leaving the nice school I was at and the sweet class that I had.  I have a new adventure to take on, and I hope that if I could handle 30 third graders, I should be able to handle one little guy...hopefully!!  Here is a picture of my class on the last day of school...they were an awesome class!



All year long I've been focused on getting through the school year.  I'm grateful that I have worked through most of the pregnancy because it has kept me busy and active.  Now that the school year has ended, the true waiting has begun.  There are times where I love just sitting around and being lazy, and I've needed that at times, but it has been hard going from being "on the go" and teaching every day of the week to not having anything I "have" to do.  I try to keep myself busy (I have made a list of all the things I would like to get done by the time the baby gets here), and that has helped, but it hasn't made time go by very quickly.  I still have 3 more weeks and I have completed most of the things on my list.  I shouldn't complain, but this waiting game is not very fun!!  I know that I need to enjoy the time I have before the baby gets here, but can't he just come already!!  I guess one thing I need to learn is patience and this is a good way of teaching me that trait.  

Here is a picture I took today.  I'm about 37 weeks (on Saturday).  I can make it!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see you as a full-time teacher! I remember all those projects you had to do in school. =o) And waiting around for the baby at the very very end is sooo hard. I remember I just wanted to see my baby Marisa and see what she looked like...etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete