Monday, April 26, 2010

Random




This past weekend we decided to be adventurous and take Kolton to the local Renaissance Fair. We went with Ryan's brother, Drew, and his wife, Megan. Shockingly, I was excited to go. I have fond memories of going to Renaissance Fairs when I was younger, so I had high hopes. Ryan, on the other hand, was going just to make me happy. By the look on our faces, you can see how exciting it was. Needless to say, we were only there for about 30 minutes!


Since Kolton began crawling, he is everywhere!! He has gotten pretty good at pulling himself up on things. We have had to finally "baby proof" our house, although we find things daily that still need baby-proofing. He loves climbing up on the treadmill, stairs, and mommy and daddy. I love when he plays with his toys and sits on his knees. I think it is the cutest thing from the back.

One morning, I went in to get Kolton from a nap and found him "chilling" in his crib. He was sitting in the corner of his crib with both of his hands resting on the bumper. I tried to get the camera and take a quick picture, but as you can see, I wasn't quite fast enough to catch him before he moved.



Kolton LOVES to be outside. He would spend all day outside if I let him. The only problem we have found is that all he wants to do is "walk" around everywhere. I have spent a ton of time holding onto his hands and walking all around outside with him. But there is only so much of that I can do before my back starts to hurt! So I decided to bring his walker out and stick him in that. As you can see, he LOVES it! He especially loves going down the driveway....with his little feet moving as quickly as they can go.


Got the sunscreen on...I'm ready!

Not quite sure what to think of it...

First steps in...

Not liking it at first


"Get me out, Mommy"

Trying to reassure him that it's ok....just like the bathtub!

Starting to like it more


Not wanting to get out!

Two of Kolton's favorite things are water (bath time) and being outside. Put those two together, and you get swimming. We have had a few days of really nice weather, so we decided to blow up our kiddy pool. Kolton did not like it at first. It was a lot colder than being in the bath, but once his body got used to the water, he LOVED it. I have a feeling we will be spending our fair share outside this summer watching him in the pool.

On a side note, yes, that is our lovely dirt and weed backyard. We are hoping to get it finished soon so Kolton has a nicer view while he's in the pool.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous you guys already have pool weather!!

    ReplyDelete